Our Responsibilities to you
We are committed to giving you the best possible care:
* Names: Upon request People involved in your care will give you their name and ensure you know how to contact them.
* Waiting Times: We operate an appointment system in the Practice. You will be given a time when the clinician will see you. On occasion the clinician may be running late. If this is the case we will try and keep you informed. If you have any queries regarding this please speak to one of the reception staff.
* Access: You will have access to clinical care in cases of emergency. Home visits will be arranged where considered appropriate by a GP.
* Telephone: We will try to answer the telephone promptly and ensure there is sufficient staff to do this. Please note that all telephone calls to the practice are recorded for quality and training purposes.
* Test Results: If you do undergo test or x-rays at the request of the clinician you will be informed of abnormal results and treated if appropriate. If you require information about a normal result, you may contact the surgery.
* Respect: Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of ability, gender, orientation, beliefs and ethnicity.
* Information: We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive information, which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
Your Responsibilities to us
* Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
* Please keep appointments and inform us if you cannot.
* Information from external sources takes some time to reach us, please be patient.
* You must also take responsibility for your health and the health of your children.
* If a clinician gives you advice about your health, please act on that advice. Similarly you are prescribed medication for a condition, please take the medication and give it time to work.
* Please do not abuse the emergency services.
* We all appreciate that the NHS is under considerable strain and while every effort is made to allow access for patients to book an appointment with a clinician of their choice, there may be occasions where constraints in the availability of appointments and your need for clinical care may dictate that you may be booked in with the available clinician.
* Consent – Under the GDPR 2018 regulations the Practice will now need to obtain consent from you prior to accessing your medical records. Please ask at reception for information
* The Practice leaflet and Complaints procedure
These are available from Reception.
Everyone working with the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential and adheres to a Code of Practice on protecting patient confidentiality. Anyone receiving information from us is also legally obliged to keep it confidential.
We are obliged to comply with Data Protection 1998 and GDPR 2018 on privacy and data confidentiality. In order to provide care we are obliged to keep records of all medical information, which we keep in either paper form or store same on computer.
If you do require further information regarding Data Protection please contact the Practice Manager.
The practice complies with Data Protection and Access to Medical Records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances.
* To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services
* To help you access non clinical services for example social services. This will require your consent.
* Anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care. If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.
* To provide further information regarding vulnerable patients. e.g child protection.
Patients can book appointment, order prescriptions and gain access to their medical records online. Please ask at Reception for registration details.
Please be informed that the Practice operates a Zero Tolerance Policy.