Coventry Road Medical Centre shares its information with other health organisations such as teams providing NHS community and mental healthcare. This means that with your consent we can share information about your care to enhance and support your clinical care.
What information do we hold about you?
- Your age, contact details and next of kin
- Details of appointments, clinic visits etc
- Records about your health, treatment and care
- Results of tests, x-rays, etc
- Information from other health professional
When is your information shared?
We would only share identifiable information about you to support the direct provision of your care. Your identifiable information will not be disclosed to anyone else without your permission, unless in exceptional circumstances – life or death situations or where the law requires it. Your information is held securely and used appropriately and our staff are trained in their legal and professional obligations to protect your information.
You have the choice to share, or not to share
You can tell us if you don’t want any or some, of your information to be shared outside the Practice. This will not affect your entitlement to care, although it may mean that the delivery of your care is less efficient because clinicians will not see your full medical history. If you have any concerns about how your information is being shared or held, please contact the Practice Manager.
Access to your health information
- You have the facility to access your information
- The Practice will amend inaccurate information
- You can enquire as to why we hold the information and who we share it with.
Who can access your information with your permission?
NHS and social care teams, hospitals and out of hours teams may have access to your information
How is anonymous information used? – The NHS may use your information in an anonymous non identifiable way to:
- Protect the health of the Public
- Help the Practice to anticipate, plan and provide care
- Audit and monitor the quality of service provided.
If you would like further information about how we use your information, or if you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact the Practice Manager.